Friday, April 25, 2008

Koa

The other Koa in the neighborhood actually lives next door to the younger Koa. He's a poi dog and looks like he might be part greyhound. He live indoors with Ricky a dalmations who's deaf, but periodically (some might say regularly) gets loose. I guess it was last year, he was loose and started growling at Reina walking Miki and Shammy. And naturally Miki reacted back. After a couple of times of that, Reina never walks her Miki and Shammy toward that house and only goes a couple of times to the beginning of the street.

Once or twice I was able to get Koa to come to me and I put a leash on him and walked him. One time, I even walked him with Miki and Shammy. It was a struggle at first. And nothing ever came to that. I don't know if Reina liked that idea.

Anyway, Koa seems pretty friendly (when he's not scared and growling) but shy. So it looks like he's showing fear aggression. When Kimo went to sniff, Koa would shy away. Of course Kimo's shy too and one or the other reacted and Kimo shows fear aggression toward him and growls back. Not good.

When Koa gets loose, he generally goes to the end of the street and both Kimo and Keith go wild. On Sunday (if I recall correctly) Kimo went wild when Koa ventured near our house. I took Kimo up the street to see if I could get them closer and surprisingly they didn't react much to each other. Kimo even sniffed his butt with Koa turned away. A good sign. But then Koa quickly turned toward him and Kimo backed off. And I took him away. So this Koa is another challenge.

Lately Koa has been seen wearing a hood. I think his nose has been bitten possibly from a fight in the past and maybe the hood is to protect him from further injuring it. Dunno.

No comments: