Wednesday, April 23, 2008

How To Teach An Old Dog New Tricks (by Ian Dunbar)

[4/17/08] I was doing a search about Ian Dunbar (since he's one of the big names in the dog world) on ebay and saw that his book How To Teach An Old Dog New Tricks was available. (I had earlier been considering his book An Owners Guide to a Happy Healthy Pet.) I looked at the book at amazon and read an interesting excerpt on unexpected aggression (coincidentally this was the day of the latest bite -- before I was bitten). The book got good reviews by the amazon readers, so I placed a bid on the book.

Actually I now see the book is actually titled How To Teach An New Dog Old Tricks. If I had noticed that, I might not have been as inclined to buy it. Still it should be interesting and give me that viewpoint of a noted authority. I won the bid and am awaiting its arrival.

[4/28] eBay sent me a notice that I should get my money back on this item. Evidently the guy selling it hasn't been delivering, or some such problem. Email to him got no reply. Guess I'll go through PayPal. Good thing it wasn't for that much.

[5/23/11] Bought Dunbar's book After You Get Your Puppy at Book Off for $3. In the meantime, I won the bid for HTTANDOT on ebay (we'll see if it arrives this time). Now I see that two of Dunbar's books: Before You Get Your Puppy and After You Get Your Puppy are available for free as pdf files at dogstardaily.

No comments: