Thursday, April 24, 2008

Big Koa

After Keith seemed safely home, I took Kimo for his afternoon/evening walk. Koa got loose and I'm guessing came running to me when he saw me. Maybe it's because I feed him treats sometimes that he came to me. Koa is actually a puppy, less than a year old I think. But he's a chocolate lab and is like 80+ pounds. Compared to Kimo, who's less than 20.

I think Koa is friendly but gets excited and came running out to sniff Kimo, I think. But Kimo seemed scared and growled defensively. After about the third time, he went into wild wolf mode. I held up on his leash, so he wouldn't bite me, so he was up on his hind legs. It took maybe six or seven seconds (though it always seems longer) before he came back to his senses and recognized me and calmed down. After that the walk proceeded more or less normally.

Though he did act up a bit at Keith in the window and vice-versa. But this is manageable. I don't know if I'm making progress, but what choice do I have but to press on? Maybe I am. And so I shall.

No comments: