Friday, April 25, 2008

hats

I took Kimo and Hershey for their morning walk. Kimo lately doesn't want to play despite Hershey's efforts. So Hershey seems kind of disappointed and doesn't seem to try as hard (or maybe I'm just imagining this).

Kimo pooped while Hershey peed at the Flores. Hershey was kind of pulling. It was probably because he wanted to poop (why didn't he poop at the Flores?) And he went at Betty's yard. After that, Hershey walked pretty well.

No reaction from any of the dogs while passing Koa. Kimo and Hershey didn't even look.

Keith was quiet as I greeted him when he popped his head to the window. Again no reaction.

Melinda drives by shielding her eyes from the sun. I think she's avoiding me since she greets Reina and not me. Well, as long as she don't call the cops again I guess.

Kimo goes poop again at Hayashida. So all seemed to be going well, but then they spotted Mrs. Iha coming out in her yard. Kimo barked or growled. And I know Hershey definitely howled. I pulled back to the Ito curb and sat down. I tried to get Kimo to sit by touching his hind and he kind of snapped. I pulled up so as not to get bitten. Then waited until he was calmer.

Then we proceeded OK.

Usually Kimo has no problems with Mrs. Iha. But not all of the time, especially if she comes close to him at our house. This time, I think the dogs were spooked because she was wearing a large hat which she usually doesn't wear.

That reminds me of the story in one of Patricia McConnell's books where the dog barked because the owner was wearing a parka. I can't find it in The Other End of the Leash (which I bought), so maybe it's in For The Love of a Dog (which I borrowed from the library).

No comments: