Thursday, August 28, 2008

watering Betty's lawn

Sun 8/17

Flo had left a message Saturday asking me if I was interested in watering her lawn until the new tenant came in October.

Being the type to avoid work, I was hesitant but decided it might not be too bad to let the dogs roam and sniff while I watered the lawn. So I took Kimo and Koa to the yard on Sunday morning.

I decided to give Flo a freebie and let the dogs roam while I watered. Koa was friendly to Flo and she petted him. Kimo was too but I was cautioning her about Kimo so she wouldn't be too eager to pet him.

The dogs were OK until Kimo heard some other dogs barking and started barking. Then Koa reacted by howling at Kimo and I had to intervene. Then I left them inside the fence and went to water the front.

They both went to the Makai gate and waited by the gate for me to finish.

Wed 8/20

Since it drizzled on Tuesday, I figured I'd skip a day before venturing to water again. Gerald had dropped off Hershey, so this time I brought Kimo and Hershey to the yard. I saw water drops on the plants, so I knocked on the door and Flo told me that she got Willie to do the watering. Fine with me.

Flo and Kimo seem to be getting along as I saw Flo petting Kimo a bit. I forget though if it was today (8/20) or the previous time (8/17). Or maybe both.

No comments: