Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Koa and mastiffs

Saturday.

After not being to hook up Flo with a truck (Bry had to go RHPS), I figured I'd drive around and look. I drove to check on Koa and decided to see how he was going riding. He went right in.

I passed by Lori's house. There was her van there but nobody was home. Then I went pass David's house. As expected, the garage door was closed so I couldn't tell if he was home (I don't what I was expecting). Then I figured since I was out, I'd drive to Cathy's mom's place.

She was out in the yard and I suppose she was surprised to see me though she really didn't show it. But she said she got rid of the cats by hosing them. I let Koa out anyway in the yard and he walked over to the front and immediately deposited a present.

As I was chatting, Cathy came out saying she thought she heard a dog (which was unusual because I don't remember Koa making any noise).

Then a neighbor walked by with a mastiff and Koa reacted and wanted to go after it. So I guess he has dog issues (in addition to Miki and Mochi).

Then later I decided to walk Koa up the street when I heard some heavy barking behind a fence. It was two mastiffs barking! And I had to drag Koa off because he started barking back. Well, actually first I tried to sit Koa with his back to them but they didn't stop barking. So then I took him away.

Since Kimo was attacked by a mastiff, now I know where to find one if I wanted to undertake the task of trying to desensitize him. But he seems to be OK with dogs behind fences. He goes wild when he sees Miki on the street, but largely ignores her when she's at home behind the fence.

No comments: