Monday, May 19, 2008

wake-up call

Kimo is sometimes the most dangerous when he's sleeping. Or right after he sleeps.

If anybody is near him when he wakes up, he instantly goes into attack mode. Obviously this is a dangerous and scary thing.

And he doesn't even have to be in a deep sleep. Sometimes he just nods off and if you happen to be near him when he wakes up, look out.

This seems like a tough one to fix. One thing I'm trying is to stay by the front door inside while he's lying down outside the door by the railing. A couple of times he woke and when into attack mode while I was safe inside. Then he eventually calms when he recognizes me (or vice-versa). I'm hoping eventually he'll realize that there's nothing to worry about when he wakes up.

But I dunno. He's a highly reactive dog that responds immediately with the slightest stimulus. I don't know if that's his breed or something that happened to him in the past. Probably both.

Well press on.

No comments: