Friday, May 23, 2008

Keith's house

Kimo now goes wild or at least reacts when he walks on or approaches the sidewalk at Keith's house.

What's funny is that sometimes I take him up the sidewalk when Pat is walking up the street so Keith is not home. But he still looks up at the window and reacts like he wants to go after Keith in the house (even though he can see Keith up the street). I guess Kimo (or dogs) can't put 1+1 together.

Anyway I tried bringing Kimo up to Keith's sidewalk approaching from Ito's side. Both Keith and Kimo went wild. I went a few times hoping they would get tired of going wild. The idea is to reinforce when they don't go wild or go back to a state of calmness. I did it like three times and Kimo went wild each time. I was going to do it again, but Stanley and Sam came walking by so I joined them.

Later, I had Kimo trail Keith while Pat was walking. Keith kept looking back and Kimo would go wild when Keith passed. But I persisted. Finally Pat took Keith home but stopped on the driveway and I stoppped on the curb. After a while they calmed down and sat and looked at each other for a while. Good enough. And I left on a high note.

I think I may try this exercise again.

No comments: