Monday, May 12, 2008

Kimo gets loose

On Friday, puppy Koa was being walked. Kimo pulled the screwdriver out the ground and charged down the side of the house.

He stopped a few feet away and was barking before I was able to snag the chain.

The bad thing is that he charged the other dog. The good thing is that he stopped short of actually attacking. So he's protective, but not aggressive. If you define aggressive as attacking.

This was similar to when Kimo first got here and he broke the rope and charged Amy walking Miki and Shammy. That time he stopped short too.

I seemed to have the Miki and Shammy problem squared away. But then Harold passed away. And the dog walking duties passed to Reina. That went OK for a while until I took Kimo to the MDP and he growled at Miki and Miki attacked him. Now he growls whenever he sees Miki and goes wild if I press him to get closer.

Kimo's pretty good with Koa behind the gate. Well most of the time. Now if I can get Koa to calm down when he's free then it might be OK. Koa seems to be getting better at staying in control when I feed him behind the gate. Actually Keith is the only other dog that I see getting walked regularly. Well, Max and maybe Bobby too. But I don't see them.

It might be OK if Koa got walked every day, and I could walk Kimo next to him, but I see him getting walked only on rare occasions.

No comments: