Saturday, May 3, 2008

Nalu's dogs

Yesterday, I decided to go up to Nalu's two dogs. I think it was after Koa was being walked and I followed them back up the street.

These two sometimes bark when I go past, but not every single time. I guess it depends on how awake they are. One has an anxious bark, the other seems a little more assertive.

Anyway, everybody's scared of these two dogs because one of Nalu's dogs got loose and attacked Ann's dog and also Miki pretty severely. But when I happened to chat with Nalu a while back (last year?) he said he got rid of those dogs. So these are supposedly two new dogs. Both look like pit bulls or pit bull mixes.

Anyway, I went up with Kimo with them and they barked but didn't seem aggressive. At least not baring their teeth and growling ferociously. Surprisingly, Kimo seemed fairly calm though when their barking increased, he barked too.

I tried to feed them to the fence, looking for signs of aggression so as not to get bitten. They really didn't seem attracted to the food. Though eventually one of them licked the apple treat and I forget if he took it.

Later that day, on the afternoon walk, I was talking to Amy, Charlotte, and Roy outside. Nalu's dogs started to bark again, so I went up to them. I had a couple of half-biscuits from WalMart, but they didn't seem attracted to them. So not really a successful outing. I did notice that one of them seems more dominant. The anxious one was barking and I was trying to see if he would take the biscuit, then the other came and kind of shoved the first one aside and started to bark.

So, not really successful, but at least I have seen how they react. Maybe I'll try again after the weekend is over.

No comments: