Tuesday, July 29, 2008

lie down

Undaunted I took Kimo back to Koa's place. Actually Kimo was lying down on the grass when I was ready to go, so I left him at home and walked Koa first. I saw Reina out with Miki and Shammy. Koa was starting to react a bit, but I persisted and brought him closer. Then as they were coming back, Miki started barking at Koa and I held him. Then Reina made tracks for home. (Unfortunately, they'll never learn to co-exist if they are kept apart.)

Later I came back with Koa to get Kimo. Kimo reacted a bit when I brought Koa but then I got them to walk together (on opposite sides of me).

Anyway, it was fairly peaceful at first when I got there. I pulled up a chair and watched Kimo sniffed around. Meanwhile Koa came and stayed next to me to be petted.

A while later, Kimo started barking at neighbor Koa at the top of the steps through the fence where they can see each other. I went up and Koa started howling. They both got excited which can be a scary situation. Plus big Koa was barking too. So I made Kimo lie down. Then I made Koa lie down too. Koa growled a bit but I corrected that. But big Koa kept barking even though the little boy next door kept calling him to come. I kind of slid Koa away so he wasn't facing the other Koa, but big Koa kept barking. Then I figured maybe he was barking at me because I sometimes give him treats and he wanted some. So I turned my back to him. And eventually he stopped.

I blocked a couple more places and left Koa in the back while I took Kimo home. But I broke a vase (sshh, don't tell anyone) that was in the dirt on the side (I was first going to see if I could use that to block the opening). So I went home to get the glue and sure enough Koa was still in the back. I brought him up front and he seems to like the front so he can lie down on his pillow. In the meantime, the vase kept falling apart on me. So I took it home. Another thing to fix.

No comments: