Sunday, July 6, 2008

Two out of Three

Kimo got to interact with three dogs on his Saturday afternoon/evening walk. As I was returning from the beginning of the street, Diana came home and hailed me to stop so she could bring out Max and Kapena. Kimo was sniffing around Diana's bushes and Kapena went up to him and sniffed. Kimo backed off a little but didn't run away and let him sniff.

After that, we encountered Koa who was tied up for one of his rare occasions in the front. I let Kimo loose and he sniffed around but didn't go up to Koa. Koa eventually came to me and went over to sniff Kimo. Kimo didn't really run away but didn't sniff back. Koa then acted up a bit and I had to block him a bit. But overall this encounter seemed hopeful. There may be more interaction in the future as Eddie told me the other day that he was going to some foreign country (Thailand) to work for like six weeks and wanted to check if I could look after Koa while he was gone.

Then we went to the end of the street and encountered another rare appearance. Petey must have gotten loose in the back and was up on the balcony. Kimo reacted back to Petey's barking and I had to calm him several times. But we ended on a good note as we finally were able to walk calmly and slowly back home without Petey barking.

No comments: