Saturday, July 26, 2008

stubborn wild

I don't what else to call it.

Kimo was barking in the garage in the early a.m. (like 2 or 3 a.m. I guess). So I let him to out to pee and/or poop. He peed some and then when I left him back in, he ran up the steps to the landing. That wouldn't do, so I brought him back down and he lay down in the middle of the garage. That wouldn't do either, but the leash was on under him so it would be kind of hard to pull him. So I maneuvered it and kind of tugged to get him up.

He jumped on me with a wild look in his eye. I'd say that was a dominant act. So I tried again and he jumped on me again. It was like he didn't even recognize me. He seemed to be getting into the red zone, so I grabbed the leash, then grabbed him neck and pinned him to the ground. It took a number of seconds until he finally relaxed and had some semblance of recognition. And he sort of rolled to expose his belly.

I'm not exactly sure how to handle this. It's very similar to the cases when he doesn't want to move from a certain area (like when he doesn't want to exit the car) and he goes wild when you try to move him. So I guess I have to be able to claim the spot that he's on. Maybe practice going the down and up at that problem spot. I think he's better at getting in and out of the car. So perhaps I have to do the same thing on the landing and in the garage.

No comments: