Sunday, June 12, 2011

Jojo and Koa

Jojo came to visit this morning.

Took Kimo in the front and decided to see how Jojo would interact with Koa. So I walked up with Jojo without leash.

At first Koa was aggressive/protective. And Jojo growled back So I held Koa by the collar to prevent the initial attack.

Jojo didn't run away. So I leashed up Koa with the flexi-leash to give him some running room. And Jojo initiated play.

Koa would chase until reaching the end of the leash. And after a little while, they got used to each other and seemed ok with each chase episode.

RMAS came out and so I started walking behind them at a little distance. At one point it was a dog train with Shammy being sniffed by Koa being sniffed by Jojo (I think that was the order).

Kimo still acted up when we passed. And Keith too. But Miki seemed OK. There was only one worrisome incident when Koa growled at Miki (I think).

So we went on ahead. And made it way back to my house. I took the leash off Koa and they played chase. The sequence was mostly Jojo initiating play and Koa chasing him. There were a few growls when the action got too close. But no biting.

Wanted to wait until they got tired and settled down (like Kimo would after a minute or so). But Jojo kept wanting to play)

Walked back with the two of them unleashed with them playing all the way back on the various neighbors yard.

Took a little doing, but got Koa leashed up and took him home.

Seemed a little defensive again once he was leashed, but much less than previously.

We'll see how it goes next time.

No comments: