Monday, June 6, 2011

hump day

Jojo came to visit and I decided to let Hershey and Jojo play.

Hershey wrestles with Hoku. Jojo plays chase with Fifi (mostly is the chasee).

Hershey starts to wrestle with Jojo, but then started to hump him. I figured it was just part of playing and let them play while I took Fifi home.

However when I came back, I saw Jojo humping Hershey! And a number of seconds later, Hershey was humping Jojo.

I thought it was pretty funny. Especially since both of them are males (and Hershey is neutered). But upon reflection, I don't know if allowing it is harmful to the dogs.

According to some pages, it's a way of displaying dominance (though webmd says it's normal play behavior if not take to extremes -- it was getting extreme).

So as I don't want either dog to be dominant over the other, I suppose I should stop it.

[posted 6/7/11]

No comments: