Thursday, August 20, 2009

Yahoo groups

Yesterday morning, I was browsing through Yahoo groups for dog training and two caught my interest enough for me to subscribe (so I could read some of the messages).

One is Pos-4-ReactiveDogs.
A reactive dog is a dog who reacts strongly and/or shows high levels of stress and anxiety, when faced with mild to moderate exposure to specific stimuli, and/or toward certain environmental situations.

This list has been created as a safe place, or haven for people who live with, love and work with anxious/reactive dogs, and who are dedicated to helping these dogs by using a methodology that is respectful toward dogs and on their (the dog's) terms
I guess that sounds like Kimo since he goes wild at certain dogs walking by. Or attacks when being disturbed from his sleep (or sometimes just resting). Or being removed from a spot where he's lying down. Etc.


The other one is Volhard Training whose names I recognized from their Dog Training for Dummies book.

My first impression: the messages in both groups look interesting and the group members seem respectful and helpful.

No comments: