Saturday, August 22, 2009

was it Koa or Miki? / going long

Kimo was barking as RMAS came walking by, so I took him out.

I was trailing them a bit as we headed back toward the beginning of the street heading up by Hershey's house. Kimo started to go wild and I grabbed him and made him lie down with a squeal. Soon after, I saw them pause and saw Amy pass Shammy to Reina. Then I saw why. Koa was loose.

I patted my thigh to call Koa and he came running. And RMAS went on their way.

I didn't have an extra leash with me. So I tried to pick up Koa. He squealed and Kimo went wild. So I walked Koa back while bending over holding his collar.

I retrieved the other leash and left Kimo on the steps. He was barking like he wanted to come with us as I took Koa home.

I was Wendy (or somebody) who had come back and left the garage door open. She opened the door and let him in the house. I told her it wasn't too good because other people were walking their dogs. But she didn't respond much to them.

Then I went to get Kimo, headed up and down the RMAS driveway. Amy and Reina were still outside and I told them I took Koa home. I told them the garage door was open and he must have run off. Reina said nobody came to get him. I said they probably don't care. Amy said I should adopt him.

Anyway, press on.

I decided to go long and walk to the church to see if Ally needed help. On Judd there were the bigger black dog and the smaller brown dog running back and forth barking. The brown dog was running around in circles bouncing off the wall. After watching them a little while, wondering if they were going to calm down (I think they did a little bit), I went on.

The husky wasn't home today. Kimo might have been looking for him as he sniffed the gate.

Saw Ally with a policeman by the church parking lot entrance. She said she had enough help for now, but she might need help later.

Walked in, but didn't see Donna or Christie. So I went out the front gate to Bachelot. Then to Kuakini, Liliha. On Bachelot, Kimo was pulling like he wanted to go back. I went back a little but then I proceeded down the road again. Kimo started pulling again, so I was curious to where he would lead me. I was surprised when he turned into Sereno. (Google Maps says it's Elena on the Liliha side). He turned into a driveway where there was a doghouse kind of like his. But suddenly a dog ran out from the house and started barking at us. OK turn around. The guy next door asked if I knew them, but I said I wanted to see where the dog would take me.

Enough of this. Back to Liliha. No Chibi. Left on Judd. Saw a garage sale sign, so turned up Mahalo, sidetrack to Eheu, back to Mahalo, Twin View, Alewa. Decided to cut through AOP, bumped my head on a tree branch (forgot to duck). Went through the back of Chung's yard. Saw Steve out, no car in garage, but he didn't turn to look at me.

[Sat 8/22, started 8/23, posted 8/24]

No comments: