Monday, August 3, 2009

make that two days in a row

I heard barking in the morning and went to the front to look. It was Reina and Amy walking Miki and Shammy. That's two days in a row.

Somewhat later, I took Kimo out and went to retrieve Hershey. As Kimo came over to sniff, Hershey went into a submissive position lying on his back with hind leg in air.

Then we went up the street. RMAS were coming back from the beginning of the street so I had the dogs sit while they came back. Kimo lost it once and I grabbed the back of his neck to settle him down. Then had him lie down.

Meanwhile Koa was behind the gate whining for me. So after they went down the driveway, I went over to pet him. Hershey was scared and didn't want to go close, so I had to kind of drag him. I guess Hershey is scared of Koa too.

Then down the road and cross the street. The Filipino man was walking his little chipom. He said he had stones (I guess kidney stones) and had to have an operation. I noticed some missing hair on his leg and found out the dog is 10 years old. Kimo didn't seem inclined to sniff.

Then we came to the black gate. The brown dalmation (or whatever he is) was lying down, but I lingered for a while and he and Kimo sniffed.

Then further down, the white pit bull (or whatever he is) was by the gate but not barking. Later the brown pit bull (or whatever he is) was gated by the front door of the house started barking. And as were made our way past, the white one started barking.

Then up Skyline and down Puna. The black dog saw us but didn't bark. Then started barking some as we made our way past. I think these dogs are getting used to us.

Then to Aulii and back to Makanani. The basenji was behind the gate along with the elderly man and a young girl. The basenji postured then came to gate. Kimo didn't seem interested in going over.

So what is that? Kimo plus 10 dogs? Not counting Nalu's two dogs who half-heartedly barked at us. Sort of out of obligation I think.

No comments: