Friday, July 10, 2009

a squeal and a bite

Kimo sensed Keith and started his wild routine. I took him up the front and up the steps.

He acted up as they came back and I grabbed him. But I guess I had the wrong angle or put too much pressure and he squealed and went down to the ground.

Some minutes later he was lying down and I lightly pulled his leash which was under his legs. He jumped and attacked me. I put my arm up (I was sitting down). He jumped on me (because I can feel it a little bit in my shoulder), bit my hand and scratched my leg. I stayed in this defensive posture and after a few moments, he came to his senses and I had him lie down next to me which he did readily.

The major damage was to the back of my hand where you can see the mark. But actually he barely broke the skin.

Don't know if the squealing was related to the attack. Hope not.

In any case, two things to watch for. Try to be more gentle grabbing him. But it's hard to be precise when he's in a high state of tension and energy. And be careful pulling the leash under his legs when he's not looking.

Come to think of it, maybe he was still in somewhat elevated state of excitement from the squeal.

[Fri 7/10, posted 7/11]

No comments: