Monday, July 27, 2009

Kimo and the bee

Kimo was going after something in his doghouse this morning. It was one of those big black bees. I tried to block him with a broom, but it didn't slow him down much.

Finally I lured him out of the house with some jerky. Blocked him from going back in and removed and tossed the bee.

[Mon 7/27 a.m.]

[Friday 7/30 a.m.] Kimo goes after another bee in his house. I swept the bee into the plants in the back but Kimo was still pursuing. Then I got the rake out and touched him on the side to try to block him. He paused momentarily but continued his search. (At least he didn't go wild at the rake.) Finally the bee popped out on to the grass and I raked it up and tossed it over the fence.

Then I took him for his walk. Hershey wasn't here today, but I took him up Puna anyway. It was quiet for a change, no dogs barking. Only the pitbull made a little noise as we came back down. No sign of the white and brown dogs. And the brown spotted dog was lying down in his house looking at us and not bothering to come out.

No comments: