Wednesday, July 29, 2009

another trip to the park

After two days of not walking, due to drizzles, I finally took Kimo and Hershey out again. And decided to take them to the park too.

Since my old Corolla is dead, I had to take them in the other Corolla. Kimo jumped in readily, but Hershey didn't want to go in. Probably because he's scared of Kimo. So I took Kimo out and then had Hershey go in. It was still a bit of a struggle but eventually he went in.

The park was empty when we got there and both dogs went sniffing around mostly on their separate ways. After a while, Kimo went climbing up the hill. There was a guy walking at the top of the hill. And Kimo barked at the guy.

Then a big guy brought a little black dog. Kimo went over to sniff and the dog kind of pushily sniffed back. Kimo jumped back and growled but there was no follow up aggression. Hershey initiated play and they chased for a little while. But the black dog seemed more interested in the tennis ball on the ground.

I tried to get them running by showing them food and trying to get them to chase me. But they didn't run consistently. Mostly a fast walk. However at one point, Kimo broke into a run and circled us widely a couple of times.

* * *

When I got home, I took the little mouse to Nuuanu Pali Road and set him free.

[Wed 7/29, posted 7/30]

No comments: