Friday, July 3, 2009

Koa goes to the vet

Koa had tapeworm. I tried to get some medicine for him again, but they said since he was due for an exam I had to bring him in.

I got there and opened the door. But somehow the leash had come off over his head and Koa ran loose outside. But I went to the vet door, opened the door, and Koa went in. There was a person in there with an old Corgi mix and she held him in case of trouble.

Koa didn't want to go on the scale so I had to take him on and block him from going off. He was around 32 pounds if I remember. (Now I see 33.5 pounds on the invoice.)

Finally it was time to go in. There was no glimmer of recognition from Gleason, so I said "you don't recognize me." I'm guessing he wasn't sure, so he didn't want to say anything.

He got a booster shot and nose drops. And his partner combed him for fleas and found some. I asked where I could get a comb like that and they said they sell it. Didn't know that.

He still wasn't sure about the cause of Koa's nose condition, but it didn't seem to be getting worse. So he suggested to ease off the prednisone to every three days instead of every other day and see how it goes.

Then for the bill. $166.22! $37.45 for the exam. $19.95 for the fecal exam. $42.75 for the heartworm test, $5.75 blood processing fee, $15.85 for bordetella/parainfluenza booster shot. $21.00 for the Drontal Plus. $15.99 for the comb.

That's more than I pay for myself in medical bills. Maybe I'll take him to Kamiya next time. But I don't know how much he charges either. Well, I'll save the invoice in case I decide to take him there next time.

[Fri 7/3, posted 7/4]

No comments: