Saturday, June 6, 2009

RMS, Spider and Indy update

took Kimo out, Koa was loose and I let him in the gate.

Good thing too because the next thing I knew I saw Reina taking out Miki and Shammy. Kimo didn't react too much so I followed them at a distance.

Didn't want to get too close yet, so I turned Kimo around but he kept looking back and I had to nudged his head forward

After that I went to Cat's house, partly to return Kari's jacket and partly to test the rawhide bone on Spider and Indy. Decided not to bring Kimo so as not to complicate things.

As I pulled into the garage, I was surprised to hear no barking, but soon enough there they were at the front gate barking away. They quieted down as I fed them food bits through the fence. Cathy told me to give the rawhide bones and they ignored it at first. Then I decided to go in. Spider started barking wildly and nipped me on my left food just below the ankle.

Then I sat down and kept feeding them and Spider got a little more comfortable coming close each time before running away. Indy was chewing on the bone and gave up. Spider took over. He didn't finish in five minutes, but still was much faster than Kimo. Maybe fifteen minutes compared to a month for Kimo.

Spider would be OK when I was sitting down feeding him. But when I got up he would start barking. And bit me on my right thigh. I think he's intimidated by me standing up.

Finally Cathy decided to throw the rolled up paper at Spider when he barked at me. The first time she missed and hit Indy. Luckily Indy didn't seem to fazed. Next try, she got Spider and he kept at a distance.

We'll see what happens next time.

Cathy's mom gave me some cotton with hydrogen peroxide. When I got home I put on bactine. Kimo licked it. Don't know if he's licking the wound or the bactine.

[Sat 6/6, posted 6/8]

No comments: