Sunday, June 21, 2009

Kona jumps Koa

I was taking Koa out for his walk and was walking down past the Sills house. They had some visitor outside and the door was open. Kona came charging out and jumped on Koa. I was surprised. I paused a moment to see how bad it was and when I saw it was an attack, I grabbed Kona by the back of the neck and pulled him off. Wasn't much of a problem for me since I've had lots of practice grabbing Kimo when he's in a wild state.

Chris was very apologetic but I said no damage.

But actually upon examination later, I saw a small bite on Koa's ear. I put on some bactine.

This was surprising to me since I always thing of Kona as a friendly dog. But I notice that he reacts differently when he sees Koa as opposed to when he sees Kimo. And oddly Hershey growled at him on the rare time that they took him out when I was out with the dogs. (I may have mentioned this earlier.) I theorize that maybe Koa used to get loose and bother the dogs by just wandering in their territory. Mochi has an aggressive reaction to Koa too. (I may have mentioned this earlier too.)

[Sun 6/21, posted 6/26]

No comments: