Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Kimo on the steps

In the afternoon, Kimo was barking again. It was the Wong kids in the street.

I took him in front and saw Mr. Chung and Yokomoto taking their walk. So I decided to join them even though I didn't have a bag with me. He pooped by the fire hydrant so I marked that down in memory.

Returning, Malia's dogs started to bark at Kimo. I sat him in Yokomoto driveway then edged closer to the Hayashida yard. It took a while, but the barking subsided a bit. Shirley was the first one to give up and went somewhere in the back I assume. It was mostly Petey sporadically barking.

I took Kimo home and went back to pick up his poop (on Hayashida's yard). The Cheungs returned home but I pressed on. Disappointingly, Malia's dogs started barking at me (I thought they were barking at Kimo all this time). I went to pick up the poop and Malia's cat came out. I thought I heard the Cheungs calling the cat, but the cat just lay down on the road near the curb in front of the house.

Then I stayed with Kimo on the front steps reading the paper. Pat brought out Keith and I calmed Kimo down after he reacted. Then the Wong kids were on the street again, and Pat took Keith back up the steps. Later I could hear Keith going wild in the house.

I continued reading the paper and must have unwittingly moved/pulled the leash while it was under him. Kimo went wild and attacked. I must have blocked him partially with the paper because I saw part of it torn later. He calmed down without biting me though I have a scratch on my leg. Then I made him lie down.

I think these attacks must make good jiu-jitsu training. Staying calm while under attack. I guess that's one way to look at it.

[Wed 4/8, posted 4/9]

No comments: