Monday, April 13, 2009

Kimo goes walking (and walking)

Donna was supposed to take Kimo walking with her and Allie. But I took mom to the doctor and Donna wasn't at our house, so I thought she might have gone ahead without Kimo.

So I drove down and parked on Bates Street. I didn't see Donna's car, so I took Kimo to go see Chibi. On the way, Donna called from our house. And then she came down.

We were going up Liliha and saw Chibi (and the owner), but then it started to drizzle and they decided to go down Liliha instead. We went down to Vineyard and back up Nuuanu where they stopped to get some food from Sam's Deli. In the meantime, me and Kimo waited outside.

Finally we got back to Allie's house where Donna took a look at the TV Allie won. All in all, Kimo behaved himself and only pooped once. I think he walks better in a group.

On the way home I saw Malia walking Chloe. So I decided to go up the street and overtake her. He started breathing heavy a bit, but was OK after a while. And we walked back pretty much OK (except for Keith barking his head off).

Then Malia took Chloe home and retrieved Shirley and Petey. We walked a bit and the leashes were getting tangled, so I volunteered to walk Petey. When I reached to get the leash, Petey charged Kimo and Kimo went wild (though not as wild as he can get). It took a little while to get the leashes in position in position and for them to settle down. But then the walk proceeded OK.

On the way up, we saw Diana out with Max. I was holding Petey's leash too loose and he charged Max. Max didn't react much. We finally got Petey reeled in. Diana informed us that Brit and Melissa's (Rudy and Blue) house got robbed. Not good.

Then the walk back went mostly well except for one charge by Petey behind my legs which I caught in time.

I brought Kimo in the back. Then a while later, I heard the dogs barking. It was Koa loose again. I called him to me and reverse-leashed him before he ran away. I took him home and Toni had a visitor outside going back in. Toni greeted me. I thought she was going to let Koa in, but she closed the door. So I let him in the side gate.

After that, Kimo seemed tired (can't blame him). At first he didn't want to eat, so I would keep bringing his food back into the house. It looked like either he was waiting for the right signal to eat. Or wanted more tasty food (like his chicken jerky that he seems to like). Then about the third time when he barked for his food, I brought it out, set it on the floor and started to read the paper. Then he ate it. All of it.

I thought that might be the signal he was waiting for. So I went in and got some more food. Put it down and started to read the paper again. But he didn't go for it this time.

Well, he'll eat when he gets hungry enough.

[4/13, posted 4/14am]

No comments: