Thursday, April 16, 2009

big Koa on the loose

I saw big Koa loose across the street. It was unusual because none of the dogs noticed and so no barking.

I went out and patted my leg for Koa to come and he came trotting over. Then I leashed him and took him by the front steps fence. Kimo got up and came to the fence and went wild. After a while, he would sit on command. But when I turned to leave, he would go wild again. Finally, I got him to sit, give him some chicken jerky and left when he started eating it.

As I went up the road, Hershey noticed and started howling.

Big Koa is not really trained on the short leash as he would pull. But he really didn't pull when I had the leash loose, though he led the way.

When I got to the Wong's, I saw the gate was open. I don't know if they left it open or he opened it. Koa sat readily for a biscuit. Then I left. A friendly and mostly gentle dog. Thank goodness because he's so big.

No comments: