Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Cubby and Jojo 4

An interesting morning.  Let's see how much I can remember.

Jojo arrives this morning.
Here comes Duane and Coco.  OK take out Jojo.  Kimo lies down on his pillow, so that's a clue that he doesn't want to walk.

Hershey is just dropped off with Gerald.  So retrieve him.

Today we have a date with Maya to walk with her at 8:00.  So as minimize problems, I decide to leave Cubby at home and just pick up Fifi.

We talk for a while at the beginning of the street and I decide to go up the driveway.  Soon enough, Maya appears standing by the car.

I take up the dogs.  And happily Jojo and Hershey seem OK with Maya as they sniff.

OK let's go walking.  Maya is walking off leash.  Cubby is still out.  And Cubby seems fine with Maya.

Tracey and Maya turn around before we start to go down the hill.

Off to Duane's garage for treat time.  Fifi and Hershey are a little excited, so Duane yells at them to be calm :)  I try to slow them down letting them nibble partly on my fingers as I treat them.

OK, take Hershey home.  And decide to take Jojo and Fifi in the back.  Jojo is in play mode and growls to get Fifi to play with him.  It's mostly Jojo chasing Fifi when it's usually the reverse.

I decide to dig a few more weeds/grass in the bed (the area nearest Pat's side).  Jojo comes over and sits near me.  While Fifi wanders around more.

WTH, let's see how Jojo is with Cubby today.  Initially they seem OK, but then Jojo gets active and gets into growl/play mode.  I don't know if Cubby knows that Jojo is playing (I don't know if Jojo knows either), but I let them loose and they kind of prance around growling for a while until Cubby kind of backs off.

So I leash up Cubby and we go for more walking.  Near the beginning, Jojo goes back into growl/play mode and Cubby reacts.  I hold the leashes until they both calm down and we continue walking.  At first, I don't let them look at each oterh.  And after a while, they get used to each other and walk less tensely.

Coming back, I hear Mrs. Tsutsui calling for Hershey.  I pass by and she calls me saying Hershey ran away. Didn't see him running on the road (thinking about it as I write this, he must have run in the back).

I came back to get Hershey's leash.  And I was going to take Cubby home in case Jojo and Cubby act up again.  But, you know me, I decided wth, let's take Cubby too.  Maybe Jojo and Cubby will get more used to each other.

So I walked to the beginning of the street, around Natsunoya bend, up Aulii.  Soon enough Gerald appears in his truck joining the search.  I tell him he might be up Aulii, or down Alewa.

Down the street behind our street.  A lady says she saw him and thought he might be on the next road.  I hear a faint howl in the background which sounds like Hershey.

Back out to Aulii.  Gerald appears in his truck.  I tell him I hear Hershey in the background and might be at the school.  Off Gerald goes.  And we continue up Aulii, pass a lady walking with her little girl.  And down Alewa Drive.

Gerald comes back in his truck.  Yep, Hershey was at the school.

OK, let's cut through the school and back to our street.  Take home Cubby, take home Fifi.  Go home.

I think Jojo is pretty used to Cubby now.  The only thing is Jojo still goes into his growl/play mode, but I think Cubby might react better next time.  We'll see.

No comments: