Thursday, September 1, 2011

Joey and Jojo at Hawaii Kai

On his second day with me, I decide to take Joey and JoJo with me to Hawaii Kai on the way to Cyn's house.

On the way out, I see RMAS on the road. So I park my car at Betty's grass and catch up to them on their walk. They thought something was wrong with my car, but I told them I just wanted to walk with them. As we pass, Kimo runs up and down the steps and barks at us.

Drive to Hawaii Kai. Stop by the dog park before going to Cyn's house. A couple small dogs in the small doggie section, but the main section were about five or six bigger dogs, with about four of them looking like labs.

Jojo goes up to them and is soon on the run being chased by one of the retrievers. He's fast for a small dog and manages not to get caught by the retriever. Or maybe the retriever wasn't going full out. He seemed a little scared since his tail was under his body.

After that initial run, things settled down. Jojo wandered around and Joey mostly just followed me around.

Cyn's house. We decided to tie them up in the front. They weren't exactly buddy, buddy. When I looked up, JoJo was always standing up looking at Joey. On the other hand, Joey looked a little more relaxed but it was kind of like he was guarding the house.

One time when I looked out, they were both looking at each other showing teeth. It was kind of funny to me, but probably it's because they are both so small.

And they also had a brief scuffle outside (I wrote in my log).

They seemed a little more relaxed toward the end as Jojo was lying down (belly down, not on his side). But not completely relaxed as Jojo was still looking at Joey.

On the way back, things seemed mostly OK. But I think they may have had a couple of brief scuffles when they got too close.

At home, Garrett came to deliver the mail. Joey was barking and fussing. So I let him loose, so he could walk over and smell him. Instead he charged at Garrett and barked at him when he got close. Again I thought it was kind of funny, but probably not to Garrett. [What's wrong with me?]

[posted 9/23/11]

No comments: