Friday, September 9, 2011

Joey hurts his paw

Take out Joey, retrieve Koa, retrieve Fifi

Kimo comes out too. Then retrieve Hershey.

So I got five today. I let them sniff so it's pretty slow going at first.

Then at the beginning of the street, I shorten the leashes and we control-walk back. They walk pretty well with Hershey and Joey trailing. Kimo and Fifi are pretty much on my sides. And Koa slightly ahead but not pulling that much.

Treat at Hershey's. Take home Kimo and Joey.

Take home Koa and he lies down for his massage.

Take Fifi to Big Koa. Big Koa still reacting to her.

Take her to Tuffy. Tuffy wags his tail and seems to have no problem with Fifi now. Give them some small bits of treats.

Take home Fifi. She's jumping up for her food bowl which is on top of her roof.

Come home and notice Joey with his paw up. I wonder if Kimo bit him. (There was a bulky item truck that came by when I was taking Koa and Fifi home and maybe they got excited.) Or maybe he hurt it on the walk.

OK, rest for now.

In the afternoon, I hear a commotion downstairs. I rush downstairs and Kimo is on top of Koa with fangs bearing. I pull him off and he's out of his mind. But I hold for a little while and they calm down. Kimo sits panting on my left. And Joey lies down on my right.

When I went down, I noticed Big Koa outside the fence. So maybe that's what triggered the excitement and they redirected.

Let them out. Kimo runs over to Keith's house. Not exactly what I wanted. Goes to Keith's window. Retrieve him and take him to the road. Koa on the road too and Joey barking from the steps.

Take Kimo in the back. Joey and Koa go first. Then lock Kimo and Joey in.

Go to take home Koa. See Mrs. Wong and Stefan down the road. Then Joey comes out the ewa side. OK, I can't trust the fence to keep him in now.

Hershey is howling. Joey is barking. I'm concerned he might go after Stefan. So I take off Koa's leash and step on Joey's leash.

Stefan sends Koa home. Joey poops on Tsutsui's yard. Take him back to garage.

Another dog day (and the day's not over yet).

No comments: