Thursday, May 7, 2009

peace to the jogger

After taking Kimo and Hershey to the park, I took the dogs home.

The jogger came running by and Kimo didn't bark. I wasn't sure that he wouldn't bark as the jogger made his return trip, but was pretty sure that Hershey would. I took a chance and went over to Hershey who was still on the steps and distracted him with treats as the jogger came back. Kimo didn't bark. And Hershey was successfully distracted. Only Keith barked, but it seemed milder than usual.

The peace didn't last too long though. As a lady with a big dog came walking by. I had Kimo lie down but he didn't want to go on his side. So I put additional pressure and he squealed a bit as he went on his side. It turned out to be an American Mastiff (as I asked her as she went by). Hershey howled.

More howling in the afternoon as Hershey howled at the two neighborhoods girls from up the street.

[Thu 5/7, posted 5/8]

No comments: