Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Kimo snaps

I took Kimo out for his afternoon walk. At the beginning of the street, Max barked. So I brought him to visit Max through the screen door. Di brings him out and tried to pet him after letting him sniff her hand. I could see him tense up and said uh-oh. And he snarled and snapped at her hand. I pulled his leash up and looked at him until he calmed down. No contact as far as I could tell. But still scary and disappointing.

After that it was Koa's turn. He's getting better walking on the steps as I'm trying to train him not to walk in front of me when going up and down the steps. Once that is done, I hope to do the same on the regular walk.

I'm also back to using the reverse leash when walking him. So that he gets used to walking on the side of me. I'm walking a little brisker so as not be as frustrating for him (and me).

I went back to the front of the street again and Max barked again. To the door. Di brings Max out again to visit. But Koa sees Kai by the plants and reacted, though he didn't go very wild. Still Kai jumped on the garage roof to get out of his way.

[2/18, posted 2/21 a.m.]

No comments: