Thursday, February 19, 2009

Kimo and the bridal shower

Mars' bridal shower was at our house and I was supposed to leave and take Kimo with me, but I stuck around for a little while as the early guests arrived.

Mars' niece, Sophie, came to the back door as Kimo was back with me. And I was pleased to see no growling or barking. She pressed against the screen and he sniffed her. Then I decided to play some food fetch and she seemed interested in watching.

Finally I decided it was time to go. Jacque was arriving as I was leaving and I held Kimo as she went up the steps. She commented that he usually barks at her when he sees her.

Off to the Moanalua dog park. Nobody was there when I arrived. Just some people playing basketball on the court next door. Kimo went up exploring in the hills as I tried to keep sight of him through the bushes.

Later a lady came with her 1-year old female beagle. They sniffed each others noses with no incident. Then Kimo walked away and she kind of followed him for a bit. Then they went their separate ways.

They left after a while and I sat at the table reading some Dog Listener (IIRC). Kimo went to a dirt patch on the grass in the middle of the field and sat there waiting for me.

When I was ready I walked to the gate and he got up and followed me.

Next I off to Donna's house. I took him for a reverse (counter-clockwise) and he still reacted to that one house. I sat him and fed him treats until he calmed down and continued on.

I put him in the back and tied him to the fence where he used to live. He barked a few times. Not sure of all of them, but at least a couple times it was at other dogs barking. After a while he calmed down and just sat for quite a while in his enclosure waiting and watching.

After a quickie nap and a phone call to Donna, I was back home.

Mars and her sister and her friend was still there. Sophie was still there too and Kimo went up the front steps and sniffed her through the front door with no problem.

[2/19, posted 2/24]

No comments: