Monday, October 27, 2008

Hello Snoopy

[10/27]

I took Kimo out and pick up Hershey and decided to go to the end of the street. I figured WTH I'll go to the park via Yokomoto's garage. With a bit of encouragement, Kimo jumped down from the wall.

I walked around a bit and was headed for the tennis court, but then an elderly man started walking around the tennis court and basketball court area. So I sat with Kimo and Hershey at the picnic table near the restrooms. As I sat there, a guy came walking to the tennis court and started doing exercises. I guess they were some kind of Chi Kung exercises but nothing I really saw before including a movement I call the look-both-ways-before-crossing techniques.

After what seemed quite a while, they finally left. I made it toward the tennis court. But then a truck came, took down the chain, drove between the playground set and tennis court, causing Kimo to act up for a bit before settling down.

I took them to the tennis court. They were sniffing around. So I decided to start running to the end of the court and Hershey and Kimo started running too. Kimo chased Hershey for a while before Hershey turned the tables and started chasing him. End of chase.

I was about to take them out, but then Snoopy (I think it was Snoopy - a smallish brown dog with a curly tail) came over and to sniff. I left Hershey and Kimo in the court, took Kimo leash and went to see if I could retrieve Snoopy.

I finally enticed him to come over and leashed him and walked him to the tennis court. After a short while, Hershey postured and they started chasing and playing. At one point, they both were in a play bow. And Hershey would jump with his front legs on top of Snoopy in a kind of a play fight (I guess).

Kimo remains shy and watched them play, but didn't participate. Later he sniffed Snoopy, but walked away when Snoopy tried to sniff his butt. [So Kimo still has a ways to go, but at least he's not violent toward every dog.]

Time to go. Snoopy went his own way and I returned the normal way. Koa was waiting to be greeted. Hershey still seems scared of him. And finally everybody went home.

No comments: