Monday, March 19, 2012

Petey progress(?)

I saw Ann walking up the street with Malie. Didn't see her coming back for a while, turned out she was chatting with Duane and scooping a bottle of wine.

Decided it might be a good time to take out Petey. Petey was excited to see me so I spend some time sitting down until he calmed down a bit. He also looked like he had a new hair cut.

Duane had already walked Coco earlier, but when he saw me with Petey, decided to take Coco out again. He walked ok for some stretches but still lunged at him.

Norman might have saw us walking and here he came with Kat in a carriage. So we turned around and went walking with him again toward the beginning of the street.

Petey had a new red collar on that looked a little loose. And on one of his lunges his collar slipped off and he went after Coco. Luckily Duane was fast enough to grab Coco and pick him up.

So then I reversed the leash to make it a slip leash to use that.

After we returned, I adjust his collar and decided to take him across the street from Kimo. Then I brought Petey to the driveway and had him sit for treats. Kimo barked a little but then stopped after a while.

Then we went for another lap. And when we came back decided to chance it and bring Petey closer to the fence.

Too close. They both acted up and since Petey couldn't reach Kimo, he bit my leg. The inside of my thigh just above the knee area. His teeth are pretty sharp and I see four tooth marks/scratches, but no blood.

With that I put Petey on his side and had him lie down and relax. Kimo continued making some noise but as he settled I gave him some treats. And treated Petey after he got up.

OK, time to take Petey home. Still was little excited as he hopped on the couch next to me. And I had him sit for treats before I left.

So we'll see if things go better next time..

No comments: