Friday, December 23, 2011

walking Joey and Fifi

since the big fight, I haven't really walked Fifi much.

Actually I only took her out once with Koa, but left Joey at home.

The first time I tried to walk Joey and Fifi, I looped Joey on the water faucet and went down to get Fifi. When I came up with Fifi, Fifi started acting up. Kimo noticed from in the house and came out. And we walked Fifi and Joey to the beginning of the street and back. No incidents, but Kimo would correct Fifi whenever she came near me.

The next time was a few days ago (Tuesday) and I was out with Joey, Jojo, and Hershey (I let Kimo rest at home). Then here came Ann with Mochi and Kimo with Fifi. So I decided to walk with them.

It went pretty well, though Kimo would again correct Fifi when she wandered toward me. Then RMAS came out and they went the other way as we were toward the beginning of the street. Joey acted up a bit (like he wanted to go after them) as we caught up and Miki reacted back. But then we passed with no problems.

***

Then this afternoon, Amy was walking on our street. And around the same time, Jojo came to visit. So I decided to take Joey and Jojo out. As we went up the street, big Koa was loose. He saw us and came out on the street. Went to sniff Joey and I let him. But I turned Jojo loose since in the past, Koa chased Jojo. But this time the granddaughter(?) and Stephen were there and called Koa back.

Amy was down the street and I took Joey and Jojo to the stonewall. Fifi was her usual excited self. And Joey seemed fine (mouth slightly open with tongue out).

So WTH. I went to get Fifi. I took off Jojo's leash and instead of tying Joey to the waterfaucet I held the leash and went do the steps to Fifi. Joey didn't really fight going down as I thought he might and still seemed relaxed.

I didn't want to take Fifi out until she calmed down and was more under control. That took a little while, seemed like maybe 8 or 10 minutes, before Fifi calmed down a bit. And I leashed her up and we made out way up the steps. Joey seemed OK and we hit the road.

Walked for a while with Fifi on the right and Joey on the left. Caught up with Amy and walked with her. Then saw Stanley coming and walked with him. Near the beginning of the street, the Cheungs were coming home in their car. I ducked to Betty's driveway, but Jojo stayed on the street. They slowed down and waved to Stanley and didn't say anything (not sure what Melinda is thinking of Jojo and me these days).

Then I walked back with Stanley. And coming back switched back to Amy. Amy went home and I decided to take them to Betty/Flo's yard. Jojo was running around trying to get Fifi to chase her. And she complied.

Then things got a little iffy. Joey tried to wiggle under the upper gate. And I had to grab the leash to stop him. Then Fifi came over to sniff Joey's butt. And Joey seemed to get a little tense. It seemed there was a little tension between them. And so I stepped in between them to break the tension.

And I took them back out to walk home. No incidents going back, though I think Joey was keeping an eye on Fifi once in a while

I let Joey go when we got back and he went up the steps. Seems like he's a little scared of Fifi. And around then, Jojo ran home.

Took Kimo out with Fifi for a little bit, but Joey stayed up on the steps. Saw Pat's friend (I keep forgetting her name) and Pat up. So I took Kimo home and went up with Fifi to meet them.

And after that I went to take Fifi home. Stephen was still jogging so I decided to job with him down the street with Fifi. But that was it for me at the end of the street and we walked back. Took Fifi home. Went slow down the steps. Settled her down, then she went to drink her water.

No comments: