Friday, September 12, 2008

running, wild

Toward the second half of my walk, Gerald dropped off Hershey. So I decided to take them to the park. I got them into the enclosed tennis court, but no playing was in sight. So I decided to run and see what happened. Sure enough, they started to run and chase each other.

They were panting as we headed home, so I thought that was a good sign. Then as we hit the beginning of the street, I saw Reina coming with Miki and Shammy. I took them partway up Max's driveway. But Kimo went wild as Miki came closer and clamped on my wrist. I finally got him down with one hand (the other hand was holding Hershey) and waited for him to calm down. Then I looked up and Reina was nowhere in sight.

Kimo was breathing heavy and pulling as we continued down the road, so I repeatedly stopped in an attempt to calm him down. I fed Kimo and Hershey a couple of biscuits after I took them back. But Hershey shied away. I think he's wary of Kimo after he sees him go wild. (Can't blame him.)

* * *

That night, after I came home from watching volleyball, Kimo was into his barking mode. I wasn't sure what he wanted. Finally, I gave him some food, so I figured that's what he was barking for. Well, at least that was one of the reasons.

Later he barked some more and I figured he wanted to poop. I would have thought he would poop on the grass inside the fence but no such luck. He also peed on the chair. Maybe it was because it was drizzling and he didn't want to go off the concrete. Anyway, I let him out and he pooped just outside the fence (I think - it was dark and I couldn't see if anything came out). Then he went down further by the corner of the house and started running back and forth. I let the leash go to see where he would go and he went over to Keith's house. He wound up under the front window and Keith went wild. Kimo might have gone wild too but I grabbed him and faced him away from Keith. It seems he still wants to go up the front steps but I guided him back to the back.

No comments: