Saturday, September 13, 2008

Kimo bites mom

Another big setback. Maybe THE setback.

When I was taking a nap, mom went outside and went to sit down. Kimo came over and mom went to pet him. And he bit her on the hand and arm. I heard her scared yell and I ran outside and got between him and her. He looked wild as I pulled him away.

I'm guessing she went straight over his head when she went to pet him. And he got scared and bit in self-defense. This is not a normal dog.

The bite wasn't minor but didn't look really major and might be treatable without going to the doctor. She washed it and put on bactine and bacitracin.

Some would consider this might be the end of the road for Kimo. It's always a consideration. But he seemed fairly normal when I went outside later.

I don't think mom is going to push it, but I guess it's up to Donna.

No comments: