Monday, December 17, 2012

Spider bite #2

After dropping mom off at church yesterday, I had Joey and Jojo with me.  So I figured WTH, let's go visit Laura and Cathy (and Spider and Indy).  Maybe I could scoop some food or something.

I drove around and parked a little ways away and noticed there are a lot of barking dogs in the neighborhood.  Not the least of which are Spider and Indy.

Joey and Jojo didn't react much.  Both Spider and Indy were barking, but Spider was more intense.  Laura was inside.  And Cathy asked if I wanted to take Indy for a walk.  Of course.

So I went up the hill and sure enough bothe Joey and Jojo pooped.  And I noticed I didn't bring along any poop bags.  That's what happens when you do things on the spur of the moment.  I also noticed there were a lot of other poop droppings in the area.  I guess people don't pick up their dogs poop around here.  (And Cathy said there are a lot of stray dogs in the area too.)

Good thing I found a jack in the box wrapper and used that to pick up the poop.  But then with so much poop I saw on the way, it really didn't make too much difference.  After going all the way around, we went to the end of the street and back.  Indy liked to sniff Jojo's butt.  Most of the time Jojo and Joey were out front.  But sometimes Joey would linger back.  But when he came back out front, Indy would get out of his way.

On the way back, Laura finally came out with Cathy on the sidewalk.  They said they had brought out Spider , but Spider got scared of the yardman and the weedeater so they let him back inside.

Back to the garage, Spider was still barking.  But would take food from my hand through the gate.  Carefully too, as he made sure that his teeth didn't touch my fingers.

Cathy figured the next step was for me to walk Spider.  And for Laura to walk Jojo and Joey.  Though Laura didn't really want to walk.  She finally managed to get the choke chain on Spider.  But as I went out on the driveway, he slipped loose and ran back in the garage.

I walked back in and he nipped me in the back of my right heel.  I walked in the gate (I think so he would follow me in) and as I turned to go back outside he nailed my on the back of my lower left leg.  (I guess that would be Spider bite 3, but the first one was pretty minor).

It didn't seem too bad as it wasn't gushing blood. But blood was oozing out slowly.

After chatting a bit more, I figured I better leave and check where my mom was.

Going home, I rinsed it.  I think that started the blood oozing out slowly again.  And it started to look a little more gory.  (see picture)

Later on, while standing on the steps, Joey came over and started licking it.  He licked it pretty clean and so it doesn't look so bad now.

No comments: