Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Izzy and Cubby

Bring Kimo in the front and he wants to go up the steps.

Here comes Jojo.  Let him in.

Here comes Duane with Coco.  Take out Jojo (Kimo lies down on pillow).  Retrieve Hershey.  Decide to retrieve Tuffy too.  Sorry Fifi.

Tuffy doesn't pull much at first, but then begins pulling more later.

Go to Duane's house.  Hershey howling at Duane for food.  Quiet them down a bit and give them treats.

Practice walking up by Duane's house.  Stop when Tuffy starts pulling.  Back and forth.

Take Hershey home and give them a few treats.

Go to see if Kimo wants to go out.  Saw he pooped in garage.  Peed too.

Take Tuffy home.

See Kahoa by Roy's wall, petting Kit Kat (Jennifer's cat).  Nalu is mowing yard.

Jojo reacts to Kit Kat, wanting to chase him.  But Tuffy is pretty cool.

Kahoa wants to walk with me.  Hand him Tuffy's leash.  Tell him to stop when Tuffy starts to pull.  He does pretty good (both of them).

Nalu brings the puppies to the yard.  Jojo comes over to sniff.  The dark one is Izzy (femail).  The light one is Cubby (male).  They're catahoula-huskie mixes.  Born in December 2011.

The interaction goes pretty well with Jojo mostly behaving himself.  The puppies are excited and mostly playful.

So I'd say it went pretty well.

Home.  Take Kimo out for short walk (and more poop) with Jojo tagging along.

***

Taking a nap near the front door where Kimo was taking a nap too (I was inside.  Kimo was outside).  Then here some fierce barking.  It was Nalu walking Izzy and Cubby with Kahoa walking Tuffy.

Looked around for my hat and took Kimo up.  I don't know who started it but probably Izzy came over to meet Kimo in a way that Kimo felt uncomfortable and Kimo went nuts.  Held him by the collar while he was going off but he remained in an enraged state.  Then took him off to the side into Amy Pang's garage.

Meanwhile, Tuffy was reacting to Kimo and Kahoa had a hard time holding him.  I decided to grab Tuffy's rope and soon enough they both calmed down.

So I walked both Tuffy and Kimo back down the street with the two puppies behind.

After a while, I gave Tuffy back to Kahoa and we had a walk with no apparent problems even when Izzy and Kimo came close to each other.

On the way back though, Kimo was leading the way as he seemed in a hurry to get back in the safety of home.

***

The rubbish truck finally came today after not coming yesterday (the usual day).  Gave Kimo treats as the truck went up the street and then back down.

Then I figured I might as well put the trash bins away.  Coco was out and started barking at me.  So I went over and had him sit for treats.

Then coming back, Pat and Roxene (who was over visiting) came out with Keith and I volunteered to take him for a stroll.  Keith still likes to pull, but there were places he wanted to sniff and I let him.

Coming back down Keith acted up at the end of the leash so I sat down with him until both he and Kimo calmed down.

Continued putting away the bins.  Decided to see Keith would react to Charlie.  Charlie came up to the gate and a little surprisingly (at the time) Keith shied away from going to the gate.

Continued up the street and Keith struggled going up.  He wanted to turn back.  So I sat down with him across Friday's house until he calmed down a bit.

More barking from Kimo.  Sit down again.

Pat came out probably because I was taking so long.

She didn't know about Charlie so we go to meet Charlie.  This time Keith goes up the gate.  He seems OK at first but then growled/barked a little and Charlie went back down the steps.

Then I saw Sam and Stanley walking, so I told Pat I'm going to take Keith up to them.  I started trotting up the street to get him going and he followed.

Walked around a bit before going to the garage.  Then walked around the car so he would follow me.

Finally Keith gets to go home.  Take him through Pat's front yard.  Kimo barks as we go up the street.  Sit down on the steps holding Keith until Kimo gave up barking and walked away from the railing.  OK Keith you can go home and he scampers into the front door.

No comments: