Friday, May 18, 2012

another fight

take out Joey and Jojo
bypass Hershey who howls as we pass
retrieve Tuffy
retrieve Fifi
so far so good, though Tuffy and Fifi were pulling a bit
go to retrieve Hershey
Jojo acts up and growls at Tuffy, Tuffy growls back
then Fifi gets into it with Tuffy
surprisingly she clamped on the back of Tuffy's neck, and I pulled her up by the collar until she released.
meanwhile Joey took off
finally they settled down and I hooked up Hershey
now to look for Joey, he was waiting in the hedge right by my front gate
I opened the gate and he went in and up the steps
OK, I guess I'll let you stay there as I take the rest of the dogs to Duane's house
Cheryl went to Vegas and the caregiver didn't come yet, so Duane asked if I could take Coco
Sure.
So I have five, just not the five that I would have expected.

So we went up the street, they went up pretty well, though Coco was lagging and looking back
After we got over the hump, he was OK
So up the street and back
Joey still at the top steps and Kimo on the landing
take them back to Duane's, let Coco in the door
in the back, Jojo is still active growling to get Fifi to chase her
and she does with Tuffy following the action, and even Hershey chased one time

OK, now they're a little tired.  Have them sit for treats and take them home.
Looks like Fifi and Tuffy are fine.  Walking closely next to each other and sniffing the ground next to each other.

But I'll keep an eye out just in case.  I'm more worried about Joey the next time I take him out with Fifi and/or Tuffy.

I guess the fight could have been worse.  If Kimo was there..  Much worse.

***

[5/21/12] Here's another guy's experience breaking up dog fights [via dave@dwf].  Good thing my dogs are much smaller than his.  Kimo's only like 20 pounds - he looks bigger, but he's skinny under all the fur.  And Fifi's probably like 40 or 50 pounds, though everybody thinks she's big, which she is compared to most of the other dogs in the neighborhood.  I guess I sort of use the hanging technique.  Hold them by the collar until they release.  And keep holding until they calm down.  Takes a while sometimes with Kimo though..

No comments: