Tuesday, August 3, 2010

another dog day

RMAS came in the morning with Kimo still in the back. Kimo started running back and forth excitedly and I sort of walked to his back to pseudo-chase him and keep him running. Finally we went out to the front. They were gone by the time we made it up the street. Then Gerald came by and dropped off Hershey.

We made it to Amy Pang's yard which Hershey deemed a good spot to poop. The second one didn't come out smoothly partly going on the leash and it looked like a blade of glass was sticking out. Hershey tried to rub his butt on the lawn to get it off with no success. Finally, I couldn't stand it and (carefully) pulled out the blade of grass.

OK, go another lap and go home.

Later Uncle Wilfred (with Uncle Henry and Aunty Laura) come to pick up mom and Aunty Snips to visit Uncle Bobby. Kimo didn't want to move from top landing. (Maybe it was the car and all the people and he figured it was safer to not move.) After tugging a couple times on his leash, he stiffened and growled. Aunty Snips mentioned if I had a treat (to lure him I assume). I got a piece of chicken jerky out and he munched on that. Then he was sufficiently "loosened" up for me to lead him down the steps.

That afternoon, I hear barking. It was the dogs barking at big Koa loose lumbering on the street. I got my leash, went to the street, and when he saw me, he came to me. I knelt down and he licked my face.

In the meantime, Kimo was going nuts behind the fence. I took Koa closer and Kimo was doing his best wolf imitation. He kept it up for a while and Koa seemed oblivious to it. But eventually he gave it up and moved away from us, though still by the fence.

So we headed off up the street. And the owner (Stefan?) and Christian came down the street to retrieve him. I let him off the leash and they shooed him home.

Then in the late afternoon/early evening, more barking. It was Malia walking Katarina with both Petey and Shirley. I took Kimo out, but he wanted to go the other way.

Then I noticed the haole women who I see often walking large dogs at a brisk pace, walking a new young dog (it looked to me) and they stopped as he was sniffing our palm tree. That's the first time I ever saw her at our street. I was at Iha's curb and we stopped. Keith was barking his head off, but Kimo seemed in control. But as they came back, he went over the threshold. I had to get up and hold the leash up so as not to get bitten. Then I managed to grab his collar and hold until he calmed down.

After that, we slowly followed. By that time Malia and crew was coming back. When Petey saw us, he went over his threshold and redirected on Shirley (poor Shirley). I stopped and Malia had Petey sit. After they were composed, they continued home.

OK, turn around and follow them at a distance.

Malia got home and tied the dogs to the car and was still in the garage. We passed them and Kimo went to sniff for YokoCat. Then we headed back home. They were still there, but remained calm as we paused a little while.

Good enough. Go home.

[Tue 8/3, posted 8/4]

No comments: