Friday, July 23, 2010

Kimo running wild

After feeding Kimo in the back, I went back in. But noticed Kimo sitting down and waiting.

I thought he might be sitting for me to take him out to poop. So I took him out. No poop. After a while, I took him back via the Ewa gate. Opened the gate and took off his leash. Then he noticed a cat nearby and took off after the cat.

I saw him run up toward Katherine's house. I went up and looked around. No sign. Then I hear some huffing and puffing soon followed by a streak of white. It was Kimo still running around, apparently still looking for the cat. He didn't stop and kept on going.

Went back to the street and waited around. Then I hear more huffing and puffing another white streak. It was Kimo running around Sakuda's place. Went behind to look, didn't see him. Then more huffing and puffing. Kimo still running around. A couple more times and he slowed down by the front. But didn't come when called. Reached down to grab him, but couldn't grab his collar. I grasped at the middle of his back. He growled and continued running some more. More huffing and puffing as he continued running around.

Then he headed down the Fong's steps. That was good because Fong's backyard is sort of enclosed with the other steps blocked with a small gate, though Kimo could probably squeeze through it. I waited by the based of the steps. Kimo ran around in the back. Still wouldn't come to me. Jumped up at the stone wall, but it was too high for him. Finally slowed down and he started stretching. I think he was out of gas. Probably never ran so much in his life.

Then finally he came to me as I was still sitting on the bottom of the steps watching. Put on his leash and took him home. One the way back (DH side), he stopped and starts wretching a little. I think he was exhausted. Poor guy.

I was quite disappointed that wouldn't come to me. Though glad he didn't run to the other streets and finally got him back. The chicken jerky treat he normally eagerly runs to had zero effect in luring him. Still a lot to work on.

[Friday 7/23 PM, posted 7/24]

No comments: