Thursday, July 8, 2010

black specks

I noticed some black specks on Kimo's fur a few days ago. I combed some off his ears and other parts of his fur.

I don't know if it's just dirt or flea dust (or flea dirt). Since he's scratching I think it must be flea dirt, though I don't see any fleas. [But later I saw one crawling around the fur on his neck.]

I had bought and put on some Hartz UltraGuard last week (since we ran out of Advantix), but apparently it doesn't work on Kimo's fleas. UltraGuard gets some pretty poor reviews on Amazon.

So I told Donna and she got some Advantix from Dr. Lau (the other vet Dr. Kamiya doesn't carry Advantix only Frontline). I thought Advantix was via prescription only, but I see it available at Amazon via a third-party.

Put it on in the late yesterday afternoon. Doesn't seem to be scratching as much, so hopefully it's working.

No comments: