Thursday, June 3, 2010

Kimo turns away

Took Kimo out in the morning. Went to poop. Then went up the front steps and lay down. He didn't seem interested in going for our morning walk.

So I took out Hershey solo instead. Walked him through our backyard. Had to encourage him to go through the gate. Seems he doesn't like to go certain places. Like into Koa's garage for example.

Then up the hill. See Kimo coming out with Fifi and Mochi and the baby in a carriage. Mochi started pulling on the leash to greet Hershey.

Then we walked down the street. Normally Kimo doesn't walk his dogs down there, but he does when I'm out with the dogs. Kimo looked at us from the steps. Keith started barking. Then Kimo barked at Keith barking. He barked a little at us going back. So I went over to see if he wanted to walk with us. He didn't. OK, stay home.

Later that morning, I was reading the paper on the steps. Kimo was lying down facing me on the far end of the landing. Suddenly he got up and charged at me. I raised the paper to block and he quickly veered off toward his food dish like he was going to eat.

I dunno. Maybe he's stopping quicker after his charge. Maybe. Or maybe it was because he was kind of far away this time.

[Thu 6/3/10, posted 6/4]

No comments: