Thursday, March 26, 2015

Tuffy and Comfortis

I've been taking Tuffy out once in a while, now that Nalu has him tied up outside the fenced area.

I notice a few weeks ago that he had fleas, so I combed a bunch out.

The next time, he still had fleas, so I combed more out.

Last week, he still had fleas, so I decided to give him a bath.

Yesterday, I checked and it seemed to be better.  But then the more I combed, the more fleas came out.  He still had a lot of fleas.

So I decided to give him a Comfortis.

Needed to weigh him to see how much I should give.  Bring out the scale and carry him.  He's 28 pounds.  Heavier than Kimo even though they're about the same length and height and Tuffy looks really skinny.  (Well, actually Kimo is really skinny too).

Feeding time.  Tuffy gobbled up the Comfortis like nothing.  Just like he gobbles his regular food.

Check back like an hour later and I noticed a bunch of fleas had emerged and were perched at the top of his fur.  Pick them out and put them in detergent water.  I noticed most of them seemed half-dead as they sank in the water without any struggles.

Well, hopefully this works.  We'll see when I check next time.

No comments: