Sunday, March 8, 2015

Petey

Petey, Malia's terrier passed away a couple of months ago.

Petey was a dominant dog.  Malia said he used to chase kids in her neighborhood.

And even at home, he used to nip at Shirley (their black cocker spaniel) when she got too close.

I remember trying to walk Petey with Kimo.  They both got into it.  It probably took a minute or two for them to settle down enough for me to walk them, but it seemed like a lot longer.

I had to have them on opposite sides of me as Petey would tend to lunge at the other dogs.  I didn't really walk him all that much, but he seemed to be getting a little better each time.  Emphasis on little.

I started walking him occasionally but then he hurt his leg and I laid off for a while.

Then I remember getting him after not seeing for a long while and was surprised that he seemed happy to see me and ran up to me.  He actually walked pretty well using the choke chain (which acted more or less a collar, not really used for corrections).

Petey is another one I'll miss.

No comments: