Friday, March 27, 2015

Kimo vs. Jojo

Kimo now 0-3 this year.

First was a couple of months ago when I took him to the dog park when he was having his gum disease issues.  One of the dogs jumped him and Kimo went down.  I ran over but the dog was off before I got there.  After that Kimo stayed away from the group and looked like he wanted to go home.

Then was last week (thereabouts).  Amy was coming back and Kimo lies to go down Amy's driveway.  So we went down.  One of the boxers was loose, went up to Jojo and jumped him.  Down went Kimo.  I was going to grab the boxer but he was off in a couple of seconds.  Don't know if Kimo made a face at him or what?  After that Kimo wanted to go home, but I made him stay at the stone wall at the top of the driveway for a little while.

Then today I was out with Kimo after coming back from an early walk to the beginning of the street.  Jojo came and so we went to the end of the street.  June came out to take her green bin.

Kimo went over to her and June had him sniff her hand and tried to acclimate him to her.  But after a little while he tensed up and snapped at her.   Surprisingly, Jojo went wild and jumped on Kimo, like a wolf attacking a bigger animal.

I managed to grab Jojo and pull him off, but then he went back and jumped on Kimo again.  I gave Kimo some slack and tried to stay between them and eventually they calmed down.

But after that, Jojo was limping.  We went back home and Kimo went to the lower landing and Jojo went to the top landing.

After things seemed settled, I came out to feed them and I noticed that Jojo was limping again.  I examined Kimo and it looked like the tip of his ear got nipped.  Then later I noticed two bite marks on the inside of Jojo's

They both seemed to eat OK,  Maybe they were hungry from the fight.  Then Jojo jumped down and hopped his way home.  We'll see how he is when he comes back.

Hopefully he'll heal by himself.  I remember that Koa (Eddie's dog) used to limp once in a while.  But then the next time you saw him he seemed to be walking/running OK.

[3/28/15]  I didn't expect Jojo to show up today.  But he did with little or no trace of a limp.  Things seemed more or less normal, but I'm keeping an eye just in case.

Jojo ran down when Pat was out with Keith on his leash.  Keith was yapping at him and Jojo would seemingly taunt him by going close and backing off.  I was a little worried that Jojo might jump him like he did Jojo, so it's a good sign that he would back off when Keith charged at him.

No comments: