Sunday, July 29, 2012

Tasha

No Jojo, so decided to take out Tuffy by myself.

Steve is leaving and I go to treat Izzy and Cubby.  They're still excited, but Izzy sits readily, though Cubby takes a little while to sit

Ugh.  Step in some poop so I hose it off.

Tuffy's line breaks and I have to retie it.

Here comes Duane and Jojo.  Retrieve Fifi and we go to end of street.

Duane wants to treat Tasha, I wind up talking to the people living there.  Says she's good with kids.  Not as much with other people and other dogs.  Want to try to see how she is with me without the dogs.

Walk back with Duane.  Take Fifi and Tuffy home to get another poop bag and drink some water in garage.

Take home Tuffy and Fifi.

OK, time to look at Tasha (who's a two or three year old bull terrier).

They seem leery of me going in to get her.  So the guy brings her out on a chain.

Have her sniff me, then I ask I can get take the chain.  Ears are up and tail a little tucked.

I give her a treat which she takes fine.  But then she starts jumping up (for more treats?) and gets me in the finger.  Kind of like a puppy bite to me.

Take her out for a short walk.  Mostly OK, but then she jumps up for the treat (instead of sitting like I want her to).

Take her in the gate and she seems OK with me inside.  Chat with Cozi.  They're thinking of taking him to the Humane Society.  She wants to keep him, but the other people think she's a crazy dog.  They rehomed him once to a family with pet bulls and one of them was a vet.  But they couldn't handle and had to return her.

Apparently she's protective of Cozi.  And I think she has to learn not to jump up on people.

I go out the gate and tell Cozi to let her go.  She comes and takes food from me through the gate with no problem.  Hopefully she'll remember and do that next time.

Go home and look up bull terriers.  Apparently not an easy breed.

***

[4/23/13] A few months later, we noticed that we didn't see Tasha around any more.  Turned out they remained worried about her behaviour outside, so they took her to the Humane Society.

No comments: