Thursday, November 24, 2011

Joey and Fifi

With my hand healing pretty well, I decided to take Joey out this morning and see how he would react to Fifi (and vice-versa).

I had just taken Joey and Kimo out for a short stroll, but then let Kimo go home. I bypassed Koa to make it less complicated.

I went to the stonewall and Fifi was wagging her butt as usual. And I didn't notice any bad reaction from Joey. So I walked him to the beginning of the street and came back.

Then down to Fifi. Joey didn't really want to come down the steps (he used to go down the steps and sniff the dirt on the side while I was putting on Fifi's leash), but wasn't really fighting it. So I let him stay up the steps as much as the leash allowed.

Fifi was excited, so it took a little while to get the leash on. Then with the short leash, I took Fifi up.

I don't know if Joey was giving off any signals, but Fifi started acting up like she wanted to go after him.

While I was struggling to regain calm, Kimo came out and remarked that he never seen Fifi like this. I told him that they had fought (with Fifi on top of Joey and Kimo on top of Fifi). So he took the leash and walked them down the street. Fifi was on Kimo's left and Joey was on my right. So they were separated. And they seemed OK.

Unfortunately, Kimo had to go to work. And I decided to leave it on that note instead of walking them some more myself.

We'll see what happens next time, but it looks like there's some work to be done.

No comments: